Friday, July 26, 2013

Shrimp Salad with Avocado and Strawberries




This salad with shrimp is one of my favorites. It is loaded with deliciousness and a lot of different flavors!

Typically I use Trader Joe's Wild Blue Shrimp. I have found it to work very well, it is easy to handle and it is delicious. It is a frozen product and you can find it in the fish section in their frozen aisle.


I usually use four shrimp for a salad. They are pretty big pieces and this salad is super filling. I heat up a little olive oil in a pan and add the shrimp. I season them with a little chili powder, garlic powder and salt, and I cook them for 3 minutes on each side.


Now for the salad part! I typically use Trader Joe's Organic Power Greens for this salad. This mix includes a delicious combo of baby kale, baby chard, and baby spinach (they should pay me to advertise for Trader Joe's). I use about 1/3 of the package. 



To this mix, I also add 1/2 an avocado, 4 large strawberries, 1 medium tomato, and half a cucumber. Just slice all of these up and place them on your salad. Place the shrimp on top and enjoy! You also need a dressing for this obviously, and I use my homemade white balsamic vinaigrette. The great thing about this dressing is that it is packed with flavor, and you only need to use a little to go a long way. I will be posting the recipe for that soon! 







No comments:

Post a Comment